1. No matter which way you look at it, 3,500 calories cut is one pound lost.
Whether you take in 500 fewer or burn 500 more calories a day, by the end of the week you’ll be one pound lighter!
2. You won’t stick to a diet that is comprised of foods you do not like. Choose your plan carefully.
Do a trial period before investing a lot of money on something like pre-packaged foods.
3. You should ask yourself how long you can live this way. If you can’t imagine staying on a particular plan until you reach your goal weight, try something else.
Going on and off the same plan again and again leads to yo-yo dieting.
4. You need to plan alternative strategies to cope with emotional eating. Many people with weight issues have the habit of eating in response to emotions and stress. Be ready.
5. The dangers of being overweight are real:
- high blood pressure,
- and heart disease