1. Factors such as genetics, ethnicity, your environment, your job, physical hindrances from exercising, etc., can affect your weight management efforts. Accept that there are some things you can’t change.
2. Your ultimate goal should be a realistic one. Some of us will never fit into that wedding or prom dress again. Our bodies change with time. Settle for a weight that is healthy for you now, not 15 years ago.
3. Diets with too-severe restrictions like too few calories or entire food groups being omitted often lead to binges and uncontrollable cravings. Moderation is the key.
4. Your weight will fluctuate from day to day. Resist the urge to weigh yourself on a daily basis, as doing so will discourage you. Weigh in the same time and day once a week.
5. Bottom line: Losing weight isn't easy.
There is no magic pill or quick fix for long-term, healthy weight loss. It’s going to take a lot of discipline and hard work.
But just because something is difficult, it’s not impossible. The fact is ... You can do it!